There is likely no smarter purchase than a laptop bag or case when it comes to protecting your valuable investment. However, due to a large number of different case types available it can be challenging to decide on the best option for your situation. Typically, when faced with a variety of options for a product I’m looking to buy, I will turn first to Amazon, since they allow you to sort products by keyword and then by a variety of other factors including price, relevancy, rating and sales volume. When looking for the most popular items, I will typically sort the results based on sales volume, since this is a good indicator of an item’s overall performance. After all, who has the time to sort through every result for a particular article on a site as large as Amazon? Not me, which is why I take the easy road.
The items below were all discovered using Amazon’s product filtering tool, and each of these items rates well for a variety of factors. When it comes to purchasing a case for your laptop, it’s important to consider the following criteria:
1. How the case is constructed – the materials used including the amount of internal padding will determine how much protection it will offer
2. How portable the fact is – does the case contain a padded shoulder strap or hand loop or is it meant to be placed into a larger bag?
3. How much “extra storage” does the case offer? Do you require space for items like power adaptors, paperwork or external peripherals?
After taking the items above into consideration, you will be better able to make an informed decision regarding the best laptop case for you. So, without further ado, I present to you the top 5 laptop computer bags as determined using Amazon’s content filter:
1. Surface Laptop shell Cases – a soft padded case constructed of neoprene that fits the Acer Aspire One netbook like a glove. Very reasonably priced on Amazon
2. Mobile Edge Ultra Portable 10″ Computer Sleeve – designed for laptops in the 9 to 10-inch range, the Mobile Edge sleeve is constructed of soft, water-resistant neoprene and features a padded shoulder strap and an external pocket for accessories
3. Mobile Edge Mini Messenger Gadget Bag – more substantial than a neoprene sleeve and meant to be carried using the supplied shoulder strap, the Messenger Gadget Bag will accommodate laptops up to 14-inches in size. Two padded compartments allow you to store items such as cell phones, PDA’s and laptop accessories. There is even a side pocket for storing a water bottle
4. Belkin F8N077-SGF-DL 17-Inch Energy Collection Messenger Bag – priced at under $20 through Amazon, this case was designed with durability in mind. It features rip-stop nylon construction on the outside and plush padded material on the inside. The case features an outer zipper to allow for expansion when needed
5. 100707 LaRobe Poivre Sleeve for 13.3-Inch MacBook – designed specifically for Apple’s MacBook, this sleeve is constructed from polyurethane to create a hip and trendy look.